Take a bus to Rivas making sure to get off at the junction towards the Guanacaste. From there he takes a caponera or a taxi to the reserve.
- Trail Tigrillo
- Trail Puma
- Trail Crater: Only for groups bigger than 20 people.
- Trail tigrillo: 2 KM, its route is 2 ½ hours.
- Trail Puma: 4 KM, its route is 4 hours.
- Trail crater: 1 KM, its route is 1 ½ hours.
- When the groups exceed 10 people.
- Groups of universities, colleges and primary institutes
- Departures after 01:00 pm
Yes, provided you have the proper supervision.
I recommend the hours between 8:00 and 10:00 in the morning because with these schedules it is possible to do the three trails: Crater, tiger and puma.
The entrance to the reserve is at the foot of the volcano. From there, you can take a truck that climbs to the top 4 times a day. It is also possible to bring your own vehicle, but it has to be a 4X4, the driver must have experience driving uphill.